Recipe: Rotelle pasta with sun-dried tomato and black olive sauceServes 4
For a different flavor, try sliced green or Greek olives in this pasta sauce. The calorie value is approximately the same. If you use Greek olives, substitute feta cheese for the Parmesan cheese.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1/3 cup dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in water to rehydrate, drained and chopped
- 1 3/4 cups unsalted vegetable broth
- 8 ounces uncooked whole-wheat rotelle pasta
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives (about 15 medium olives)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons Parmesan cheese
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and garlic over medium heat. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes and unsalted vegetable broth. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, 10 to 12 minutes, or according to the package directions. Drain the pasta thoroughly.
Add the olives and parsley to the sun-dried tomato mixture. Stir to mix evenly.
Divide the pasta among individual plates. Top each serving with 1/4 of the sun-dried tomato mixture and 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
|Serving Size||About 1 1/2 cups|
|Monounsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Fat||10 g|
Last updated: August 17th, 2013