Recipe: Quick bean and tuna salad
Medically reviewed on Jul 27, 2018Serves 4
To change up this recipe, you can try tuna seasoned with lemon pepper.
- 1/2 whole-grain baguette, torn into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 16-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 small dill pickles, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 7-ounce pouch tuna, no salt added, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
Preheat broiler. Place the baguette pieces on a heavy cookie sheet and brush with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Place under broiler for about 1 to 2 minutes, until golden. Turn the bread pieces and broil for an additional 1 or 2 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, beans, pickles, onion, vinegar and pepper. Fold in the broiled baguette pieces. Divide the mixture among four bowls and top with the tuna and parsley.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
|Serving Size||About 1 1/3 cups|
|Monounsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Fat||12 g|