Medically reviewed on July 2, 2018Serves 8
Tortillas come in two basic types: corn and wheat. Wheat tortillas, made from white flour, are often labeled "flour tortillas." Whole-wheat tortillas are made from whole-grain flour.
- 4-ounce can diced green chili peppers, drained
- Half a small onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 10-inch fat-free whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
In a bowl, combine peppers, onion and cumin. Sprinkle each tortilla with cheese, using 1/4 cup cheese on each. Divide pepper mixture among tortillas, spreading it over cheese. Fold each tortilla in half and put in greased 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
Cover pan with foil. Bake at 350 F for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese melts. Remove foil. Cut each tortilla into 4 pieces. Serve with your favorite salsa for dipping.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
|Serving Size||4 pieces|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Fat||8 g|