Recipe: Peach crumbleServes 8
Freestone peaches have pits you can easily remove, while clingstone peaches have flesh that clings to the pit. For this recipe, look for freestone peaches, such as Elegant Lady or O'Henry.
- 8 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- Juice from 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons trans-free margarine, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats (uncooked)
Preheat the oven to 375 F. Lightly coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
Arrange peach slices in the prepared pie plate. Sprinkle with lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour and brown sugar. With your fingers, crumble the margarine into the flour-sugar mixture. Add the uncooked oats and stir to mix evenly. Sprinkle the flour mixture on top of the peaches.
Bake until peaches are soft and the topping is browned, about 30 minutes. Cut into 8 even slices and serve warm.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.6 g|
|Total Fat||4 g|
Last updated: August 19th, 2014