Medically reviewed on April 23, 2018.Serves 6
You can freeze uncooked meatballs in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw meatballs in the refrigerator overnight before baking.
- 1/3 large onion, minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped flat leaf Italian parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
Heat the oven to 350 F. In a small saucepan, saute the onions and garlic until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat. In a medium bowl, combine the onions, cheese, parsley, garlic, egg substitute, salt and pepper; mix well. Add the beef; gently mix with hands until just combined. Form mixture into 1-inch meatballs — about 3/4 ounces each. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until meatballs reach an internal temperature of 160 F.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
|Serving Size||3 ounces|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Fat||10 g|