Medically reviewed on February 14, 2018Serves 8
This easy dish is great as a dip or a spread for sandwiches or wraps.
- 1 avocado, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup canned beans (black or pinto), drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, chipotle or ancho chili powder (optional)
- 1 large ripe tomato, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 shallot, minced (about 1/4 cup)
In a medium bowl, mix avocado, beans, cumin, lime juice and cayenne pepper. Add chopped tomato and shallot and stir to combine. Serve.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
|Serving Size||About 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons)|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||< 0.5 g|
|Total Fat||3 g|