Recipe: Fruit compote a la modeServes 8
This fruit compote is delicious hot or cold with frozen yogurt.
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 12-ounce package mixed dried fruit (dice larger pieces of fruit)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cups fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt
Combine water, orange juice, dried fruit, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in a saucepan and place over medium heat. Gently stir and simmer for 10 minutes, covered.
Remove the cover and continue to simmer over very low heat for an additional 10 minutes or until the fruit is soft.
Serve warm or cold in bowls with vanilla frozen yogurt.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
|Serving Size||1 cup total (1/2 cup compote, 1/2 cup frozen yogurt)|
Last updated: April 19th, 2014