Recipe: Fish tacos with tomatillo sauceServes 4
These flavorful fish tacos are a healthy substitute for traditional, higher fat beef tacos.
- 12 ounces whitefish, such as cod or tilapia
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- 1/4 head Napa cabbage (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 red Fresno peppers, diced
- Zest and juice of 1 lime (1/2 teaspoon zest, 1 tablespoon juice)
- 4 wheat tortillas (8-inch diameter), lightly grilled or toasted
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) green tomatillo sauce
Season fish with salt and pepper if you like. Then bake fish at 375 F for about 20 minutes until internal temperature reaches 145 F. Or grill fish if you prefer.
Place remaining ingredients except tortillas and green tomatillo sauce in a mixing bowl and toss to combine. Flake and place fish on tortillas. Top with cabbage mixture and a tablespoon of green tomatillo sauce, and enjoy.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
|Serving Size||1 filled tortilla|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Fat||5 g|
Last updated: August 17th, 2013