Recipe: Fettuccine with clams, basil, tomato, corn and garlicServes 6
Clams are an excellent source of vitamin B-12 and iron and a good source of selenium. To preserve their texture, don't overcook clams. Add them to the sauce just before serving.
- 10 ounces (about 5 cups) uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) clams, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente (tender), about 8 minutes, or according to the package directions. Drain the pasta thoroughly.
In a large saucepan, add the garlic, tomatoes, corn, wine, olive oil and basil. Cover and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and add the clams and pasta. Toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
|Serving Size||About 1 1/2 cups|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Fat||4 g|
Last updated: April 7th, 2016