Recipe: English cucumber salad with balsamic vinaigretteServes 4
Medically reviewed on Apr 9, 2018
English cucumbers, also referred to as burpless cucumbers, have a mild taste. Although an English cucumber works best in this recipe, you can use any variety.
- 1 English cucumber with peel (8 to 9 inches in length), washed and thinly sliced
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
In a small saucepan, add the rosemary, vinegar and olive oil. Heat over very low heat to blend and intensify the flavors, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the mustard until well blended.
In a serving bowl, add the cucumber slices. Pour the dressing over the cucumbers and toss to coat evenly. Add the black pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
|Serving Size||About 3/4 cup|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||5 g|