Easy pizza for twoServes 2
Medically reviewed on Mar 29, 2017
Use any variety of herbs on this pizza: cilantro (Mexican), oregano (Italian) or rosemary (French). Also try different vegetables, such as green onions, thinly sliced tomatoes, eggplant, hearts of palm, mushrooms or asparagus tips. For variety, try roasting the vegetables first.
- 1/2 cup chunky no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 ready-made whole-wheat flatbread (about 10-inch diameter)
- 2 slices of onion, 1/4-inch wide
- 4 slices red bell pepper, 1/4-inch wide
- 1/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Heat the oven to 350 F. Lightly coat a baking pan with cooking spray. Spread tomato sauce over the flatbread. Top with the onion, pepper, mozzarella and basil. Place the pizza on a baking pan and bake until the cheese is melted and golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
|Serving Size||1/2 pizza|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Fat||5 g|