Recipe: Dilled shrimp salad on lettuce leavesServes 2
This salad is best if it's made ahead of time and can chill well. If you aren't able to make it early, place the salad in the freezer and stir every 10 minutes.
- 2 cups uncooked farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 4 fresh asparagus stalks, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium or light vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh dill
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 scallions or green onions, diced
- 4 cups watercress or another type of salad greens
Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente (tender), 10 to 12 minutes, or according to the package directions. Drain the pasta thoroughly and rinse under cold water.
In a small saucepan, cover the asparagus with water. Bring to a boil and cook only until tender-crisp, about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. In a small bowl, add the salad dressing and dill. Whisk to mix evenly.
In a large bowl, add the pasta, asparagus, shrimp, tomatoes and scallions. Add the salad dressing mixture and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 1 hour.
To serve, divide the watercress among the plates. Top with dilled salad and serve.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
|Serving Size||About 1 cup greens and 2 cups toppings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
Last updated: April 7th, 2016