Recipe: Couscous salad
Medically reviewed on Jul 27, 2018Serves 8
Instant couscous may be prepared by simply pouring boiling water over it.
- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Italian dressing
- Chopped fresh parsley or basil for garnish (optional)
Cook couscous according to preparation instructions on the package.
When couscous is cooked, fluff with fork. Mix in zucchini, bell pepper, onion, cumin and black pepper. Pour Italian dressing over the mixture and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours, then garnish before serving.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
|Serving Size||About 2/3 cup|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||3 g|