Recipe: Chicken fajitas
Medically reviewed on Jul 2, 2018Serves 12
It's easier to slice the chicken when it is still partially frozen rather than waiting until it's completely thawed.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1/4-inch strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Half a green sweet bell pepper, slivered
- Half a red sweet bell pepper, slivered
- 12 low-fat, whole-wheat 8-inch tortillas
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
Combine the first four ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken slices and stir until chicken is well-coated. Marinate for 15 minutes.
Cook chicken in pan on grill or stovetop for 3 minutes, or until no longer pink. Stir in onions and peppers. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until done to your liking.
Divide mixture evenly among tortillas. Top each with 2 teaspoons salsa, 2 teaspoons sour cream and 2 teaspoons shredded cheese. Roll up and serve.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
|Serving Size||1 filled tortilla|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||4 g|