Recipe: Butternut squash and apple saladServes 6
Roasting butternut squash intensifies the flavor of this main-dish salad.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and seeded, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 8 cups)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large apples, cored and cut 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 6 cups arugula, chopped
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
Heat the oven to 400 F.
Toss squash in olive oil, roast in oven for 20 to 30 minutes until golden brown and soft. Cool completely.
Combine all vegetables in large bowl.
Prepare dressing by mixing together yogurt, vinegar and honey. Whisk until smooth.
Pour dressing over salad. Toss and enjoy.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
|Serving Size||About 4 cups|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||< 1 g|
|Total Fat||3 g|
Last updated: September 30th, 2015