Recipe: Blue cheese, walnut spinach saladServes 12
Dietitian TipThis is a gluten-free recipe.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 pounds spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups sliced cucumbers
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
Combine ingredients for dressing in a blender or processor. Chill.
Toss spinach greens with dressing and mound a generous 1 cup onto chilled plates.
Layer vegetables, walnuts and blue cheese crumbles on top of spinach.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
|Serving Size||About 2 cups|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||4 g|
Last updated: October 10th, 2012