Recipe: Black bean wrapServes 6
Canned black beans can be high in sodium. If you're watching your sodium intake, be sure to rinse the beans well under cold running water — or make your own from scratch.
- 1 1/2 cups canned low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed to room temperature
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chili peppers (seeds removed)*
- 4 green onions, diced (including green stems)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 6 fat-free whole-grain tortilla wraps, 10 inches in diameter
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
*Use gloves when handling chilies and don't touch your face or eyes.
In a microwave-safe bowl, add the black beans, corn, cilantro, chili peppers, onions, tomato and garlic. Stir to mix evenly. Microwave on high power for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir and heat again for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Repeat until the mixture is hot.
Place 2 tortillas between paper napkins or paper towels and warm in the microwave for 20 seconds on high. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
To serve, place about 1/2 cup bean mixture on 1 tortilla. Top with 2 tablespoons cheese and 2 tablespoons salsa. Fold in the sides and fold the bottom of the tortilla up over the filling, then roll to close. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
|Serving Size||1 wrap|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Fat||9 g|
Last updated: October 5th, 2017