Recipe: Avocado deviled eggsServes 6
Avocados are a good source of monounsaturated fat and lutein, which may protect vision.
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
Cut eggs lengthwise and remove yolks. Set aside half the yolks in bowl and discard the others.
In a medium bowl combine egg yolks, avocado, lime juice, mayonnaise, half of the parsley, cayenne pepper and garlic. Spoon mixture into egg whites and garnish with other half of chopped parsley.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
|Serving Size||2 halves|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Fat||7 g|
Last updated: September 18th, 2015