The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Thrombopoietin, Human, Recombinant
CAS registry number (Chemical Abstracts Service)
Hematopoietic growth factor: Stimulation of thrombopoiesis
Hemostatic agent: Treatment of thrombocytopenia
Recombinant version of the glycoprotein thrombopoietin, a naturally occurring human hormone which is the major physiological regulator of platelet production: It promotes the maturation of megakaryocytes and increases platelet size and number
- Thrombopoetin human, rekombinant (German)
- Thrombopoïétine humain, recombinant (French)
- Trombopoyetina humana recombinante (Spanish)
- c-Mpl ligand (IS)
- Megakaryocyte colony stimulating factor, recombinant (IS)
- Megakaryocyte growth and development factor, recombinant (IS)
- Megakaryocyte potentiating factor, recombinant (IS)
- Megapoietin (IS)
- Meg-CSF (IS)
- rh-TPO (IS)
- rHu MGDF (IS)
- Thrombocytopoiesis-stimulating factor, recombinant (IS)
- TPO (IS)
- TSF (IS)
Further information on drug naming conventions: International Nonproprietary Names.
Important Notice: The Drugs.com international database is in BETA release. This means it is still under development and may contain inaccuracies. It is not intended as a substitute for the expertise and judgement of your physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional. It should not be construed to indicate that the use of any medication in any country is safe, appropriate or effective for you. Consult with your healthcare professional before taking any medication.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.