In some countries, this medicine may only be approved for veterinary use.
CAS registry number (Chemical Abstracts Service)
Mixture of esters of glucose with gallic acid and 3-galloylgallic acid. (Ph. Eur.)
- Tanninum (Latin)
- Tannin (German)
- Tannique, acide (French)
- Tánico, ácido (Spanish)
- Tannic Acid (OS: JAN)
- CCRIS 571 (IS)
- Gallotannic acid (IS)
- Gallotannin (IS)
- NSC 656273 (IS)
- Tannin (IS)
- UNII-28F9E0DJY6 (IS)
- Tannic Acid (PH: BP 2016, JP XVI, USP 38)
- Tannic acid (PH: Ph. Eur. 8)
- Tanninum (PH: Ph. Eur. 8)
- Enteran (Tannic Acid and Kaolin, + Neomycin, + Phthalylsulfathiazole (veterinary use))
- Inorgan (Tannic Acid and Aluminium Salicylate, + Kaolin, + Sulfaguanidine (veterinary use))
- Neo Emocicatrol (Tannic Acid and Benzalkonium)
- Sta (Tannic Acid and Salicylic Acid (veterinary use))
Kyron, South Africa
- Stryphnasal N (Tannic Acid and Bismuth Subgallate)
- Zione (Tannic Acid and Alum)
Tanabe Mitsubishi Pharma, Japan
|JAN||Japanese Accepted Name|
|Ph. Eur.||European Pharmacopoeia|
Further information on drug naming conventions: International Nonproprietary Names.
Important Notice: The Drugs.com international database is in BETA release. This means it is still under development and may contain inaccuracies. It is not intended as a substitute for the expertise and judgement of your physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional. It should not be construed to indicate that the use of any medication in any country is safe, appropriate or effective for you. Consult with your healthcare professional before taking any medication.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.