In some countries, this medicine may only be approved for veterinary use.
ATC (Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical Classification)
CAS registry number (Chemical Abstracts Service)
Pharmaceutic aid: Preservative
Antiseptic agent, topical
Antiinfective for medicated dressing
Mixture of phenylmercuric nitrate and phenylmercuric hydroxide (Ph. Eur.)
- Phenylhydrargyri nitras (Latin)
- Phenylmercurinitrat (German)
- Phénylmercure, nitrate de (French)
- Fenilmercurio, nitrato de (Spanish)
- Phénylmercure, nitrate de (OS: DCF)
- Basic Phenylmercuric Nitrate (IS)
- Mercury, (nitrato-$IO$R)phenyl- (IS)
- Nitratophenylmercury (IS)
- PMN (IS)
- UNII-CG8692ZN14 (IS)
- Phenylhydrargyri nitras (PH: Ph. Eur. 8)
- Phénylmercure, nitrate de (PH: Ph. Eur. 8)
- Phenylmercuric Nitrate (PH: BP 2016, NF 33, Ph. Int. 4)
- Phenylmercuric nitrate (PH: Ph. Eur. 8)
- Phenylmercurinitrat (PH: Ph. Eur. 8)
- Mydriaticum Agepha (Phenylmercuric Nitrate and Tropicamide)
- Omnicol (Phenylmercuric Nitrate and Oxedrine, + Polymyxin B, + Framycetin (veterinary use))
Laboratoire TVM, France
- Starphenicol (Phenylmercuric Nitrate and Chloramphenicol)
|DCF||Dénomination Commune Française|
|Ph. Eur.||European Pharmacopoeia|
Further information on drug naming conventions: International Nonproprietary Names.
Important Notice: The Drugs.com international database is in BETA release. This means it is still under development and may contain inaccuracies. It is not intended as a substitute for the expertise and judgement of your physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional. It should not be construed to indicate that the use of any medication in any country is safe, appropriate or effective for you. Consult with your healthcare professional before taking any medication.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.