In some countries, this medicine may only be approved for veterinary use.
CAS registry number (Chemical Abstracts Service)
Food additive (e number)
Pharmaceutic aid: Preservative
Benzoic acid, 4-hydroxy-, metyl ester
- Methylis parahydroxybenzoas (Latin)
- Methyl 4-hydroxybenzoat (German)
- Parahydroxybenzoate de méthyle (French)
- Methyl Parahydroxybenzoate (OS: JAN)
- Methylparaben (OS: USAN)
- Methyl Butex (IS)
- Méthyle (IS: parahydroxybenzoate de)
- Methylium parahydroxybenzoicum (IS)
- Methylium paraoxybenzoicum (IS)
- Nipagin M (IS)
- Solbrol (IS)
- Steregin (IS)
- Methyl Hydroxybenzoate (PH: BP 2016, Ph. Int. 4)
- Methyl Parahydroxybenzoate (PH: JP XVI)
- Methyl parahydroxybenzoate (PH: Ph. Eur. 8)
- Méthyle (parahydroxybenzoate de) (PH: Ph. Franç. 11)
- Methylis hydroxybenzoas (PH: Ph. Int. 4)
- Methylis parahydroxybenzoas (PH: Ph. Eur. 8)
- Methylparaben (PH: NF 33)
- Metile paraidrossibenzoato (PH: F.U. IX)
- Ilium Cu-Jec (Methylparaben and Calcium Copperedetate (veterinary use))
Troy Laboratories NZ, New Zealand
|JAN||Japanese Accepted Name|
|USAN||United States Adopted Name|
Further information on drug naming conventions: International Nonproprietary Names.
Important Notice: The Drugs.com international database is in BETA release. This means it is still under development and may contain inaccuracies. It is not intended as a substitute for the expertise and judgement of your physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional. It should not be construed to indicate that the use of any medication in any country is safe, appropriate or effective for you. Consult with your healthcare professional before taking any medication.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.