Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil
Excipient (pharmacologically inactive substance)
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 17, 2020.
What is it?
Cottonseed oil is a vegetable oil extracted from the seeds of the cotton plant after the cotton lint has been removed. It must be refined to remove gossypol, a naturally occurring toxin that protects the cotton plant from insect damage. Cottonseed oil has a high ratio of saturated fat, and in the diet may be a poor choice over olive or canola oil. Cottonseed oil contains about 26% saturated fatty acids (primarily palmitic and some stearic). Cottonseed oil may also contain traces of pesticides used when farming cotton crops. Cottonseed oil is a favorite for mayonnaise, salad dressing, and other food products because of its flavor stability. Cotton oil is also one of the big four (soy, corn, canola and cotton) genetically modified crops grown around the world.
Top Medications with this excipient
- Benztropine Mesylate 2 mg
- Bupropion Hydrochloride Extended-Release (XL) 300 mg
- Cefuroxime Axetil 500 mg
- Comtan 200 mg
- Flecainide Acetate 100 mg
- Flecainide Acetate 150 mg
- Flecainide Acetate 50 mg
- Junel Fe 24 ethinyl estradiol 0.02 mg / norethindrone acetate 1 mg
- Lillow ethinyl estradiol 0.03 mg / levonorgestrel 0.15 mg
- Metoprolol Succinate Extended-Release 100 mg
- Metoprolol Succinate Extended-Release 200 mg
- Metoprolol Succinate Extended-Release 50 mg
- Metoprolol Succinate Extended-Release 25 mg
- Metronidazole 500 mg
- Oxybutynin Chloride Extended-Release 5 mg
- Oxybutynin Chloride Extended-Release 15 mg
- Potassium Chloride Extended Release 8 mEq (600mg)
- Potassium Chloride Extended-Release 10 mEq (750 mg)
- Pramipexole Dihydrochloride Extended-Release 4.5 mg
- Tiagabine Hydrochloride 12 mg
 Welch, Holme & Clark Co., Inc. FDA Registered Refined Cottonseed Oil, All Natural cGMP. Cottonseed Oil refined; N.F. Accessed March 30, 2014. http://www.welch-holme-clark.com/cottonseed_oil_spec.html
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.