D&C Red No. 28
Excipient (pharmacologically inactive substance)
What is it?
D&C Red No. 28, also known as Disodium 2',4',5',7'-tetrabromo-4,5,6,7-tetrachlorofluorescein (C20H2O5Br4Cl4Na2) is a dye approved by the FDA for use in drugs and cosmetics according to the specifications set forth by the FDA. FD&C Red No. 28 is not approved for use in foods.
FDA performs regulatory review for color additives used in foods, drugs, cosmetics, and medical devices. These colors are then certified by the FDA for safe use according to specifications. The FD&C notation specifies the color is approved for use in foods, drugs and cosmetics.
 U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Color Additives: FDA's Regulatory Process and Historical Perspectives. Accessed 10/20/2011. http://www.fda.gov/ForIndustry/ColorAdditives/RegulatoryProcessHistoricalPerspectives/default.htm
 Electronic Code of Federal Registers. Title 21: Food and Drugs. Part 74. Listing of color additives subject to certification. Subpart B. Drugs. Accessed online October 19, 2011. http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr;sid=c387334e82029536a53dde1171ba5481;rgn=div5;view=text;node=21%3A220.127.116.11.27;idno=21;cc=ecfr#21:18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Top Medications with this excipient
- Amoxicillin Trihydrate 500mg
- Aspirin, Butalbital, Caffeine and Codeine 325 mg / 50 mg / 40 mg / 30 mg
- Cefadroxil Monohydate 500 mg
- Cefdinir 300 mg
- Cefdinir 300 mg
- Clindamycin Hydrochloride 300 mg
- Dicyclomine Hydrochloride 10 mg
- Dilacor XR 180 mg
- Diltiazem Hydrochloride Extended-Release 180 mg
- Doxycycline Hyclate 100 mg
- Hydroxyzine Pamoate 25 mg
- Imipramine Pamoate 150 mg
- Indomethacin 25 mg
- Lofibra 200 mg
- Minocycline Hydrochloride 100 mg
- Multi Symptom Cold (Day Formula) acetaminophen 325 mg / dextromethorphan 10 mg / phenylephrine 5 mg
- Omeprazole Delayed Release 20 mg
- Taztia XT 300 mg
- Terazosin Hydrochloride 2 mg
- Tofranil-PM 100 MG