identify cough syrup?
    dikat is offline New Member

Default identify cough syrup?

I need help my teenage sons have been known to abuse stimulant drugs. I found a bottle of over the counter cough syrup but not with the orginal medication in it. It was a very thick yellow liquid in it. I'm sure it is something because it was hidden and then when I put it up till the wee[?]kend was over and could show it to someone to identify, someone changed the ingedients to chlorseptic to hide it. (stupid)Need to identify. Is any onw familar with this substance? I have never seen a yellow liquid????

theamazingjoe is offline New Member

Probably Tussionex. It is a schedule III (controlled due to addictive potential) prescription cough medication. If you have a regular pharmacy, you go to, take the bottle there and ask the pharmacist if he/she will id it for you. Should be able to get a good idea by smell. If you tell them it is your son's (whether he got it legally or illegally) they probably won't id it for you, patient confidentiality. You will have to feel out the pharmacist to see what they will be willing to do for you.

TheJman is offline New Member

WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT DO THAT. If it's hydrocodone syrup, that is a felony and you will go to jail.

Sheltielover53 is offline New Member

Exclamation Yellow cough syrup!

Quote Originally Posted by dikat View Post
    I need help my teenage sons have been known to abuse stimulant drugs. I found a bottle of over the counter cough syrup but not with the orginal medication in it. It was a very thick yellow liquid in it. I'm sure it is something because it was hidden and then when I put it up till the wee[?]kend was over and could show it to someone to identify, someone changed the ingedients to chlorseptic to hide it. (stupid)Need to identify. Is any onw familar with this substance? I have never seen a yellow liquid????

From your description and an EX- Abuser but emphasize X thanks to Good hearted people from my Church and their 12 Step group. It sounds like a syrup called Tussionex, it has Oxycodone in it (Similar to percocet pills) it has a sweet taste to it is very thick and a yellowish color. Now i'M NOT A Doctor nor a pharmacist, I would look up the drug I named "Tussionex" see what you find out on that It's probably the one of, if not THEE strongest cough medicines out there it is a script that has to be written I BELIEVE. I'd talk to your primary Doc, or a health professional you can trust BuddYD53!