Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Iwantoff2013
  • 1 Post By Randy35
subutex 4th day sick
    mandi2205 is offline New Member

Question subutex 4th day sick

Hello hoping someone can help me big time ,I'm struggling ok so Tuesday I was put on 4 mg subtext after being on 750mg a day of tramadol for 6 months I took my last tramadol about 1pm on Monday and started subtext 8am Tuesday ,everyday I have felt sick as a dog especially in the morning , why am I feeling so bad I'm beginning to think if >> have just gone CT it would be over now but it probably wouldn't would it, the sickness is draining me, I've only actually been sick twice but bringing throthy stuff and slime up the rest it won't let me be sick but I feel it constantly, will this pass please say it will and what can I do to ease my sickness till it does uuugghhh very desperate for any help ...... thank you

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Mandi - You had a large Tramadol habit. At 750mgs per day that's the equalivent of 15 of the 50mg tabs. I also took nearly the same many times. Tramadol poses a serious seizure issue if taken in doses that are too high, and if stopped abruptly as in CT, or tapered down from too fast. I had a nasty seizure that landed me in the ER.

Tramadol was once thought by most every doctor to be non-habit forming and handed out freely. Now it's been classified as as Schedule 4 drug and been recognized for it's addictive and habit forming properties.

I'm betting you took the Subs too quickly and put yourself into PW's (precipitated withdrawals) which is why you're so sick. We use what is called a Cows score to determine when it's safe to induct on subs. You have to wait a certain amount of time before you can safely take subs after stopping your previous drug of choice.

You took the sub around 19 hrs after stopping the trams and I'm afraid that wasn't a long enough period of time? It's questionable because Tramadol isn't as strong as many other opiates, yet it's still a narcotic. That's the very reason we use that Cows, to determine if you've waited long enough to be safe. Time doesn't matter because it can take one person 24 hrs and yet another 24-48 hrs depending on their drug of choice.

Once you're in PW's the proper thing to do is STOP taking subs and wait it out and re-induct. But because you kept taking the subs it's suggested you keep taking your 4mg doses and sooner or later the subs will kick all the trams off your receptors and you'll begin feeling much better. I can't imagine it taking much longer. I bet before the weekend is over you'll feel better.

Keep taking the sub, same dose at the same time everyday. Thgat's important to keep a steady amount of bupe in your system and all ow your body to adjust to the medication. And it will if you can hang in there and give it a bit more time.

That's my suggestion and opinion on why you're feeling the way you do. I'm sure Kat, Bette (Iluv2), and others will post to you also. Trust what they said because we've all been through this process. Take care and hang in there Mandi.

-Randy

Melina123 is offline Senior Member

Hi Mandy, welcome! I cant help with sub, but i know about dope sick, uggh. U r in a really good place to get support. Randy and the others he mentioned have helped tons of people. They have personal experience so u can trust what they say. Keep coming back! Mel

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Mandi,

These damn doctors don't know what they're doing. It absolutely sounds like you're in precipitated WD, as Randy mentioned. I've been there (so has Randy) and it's awful. The first time I switched to Sub, my doctor told me to take it way too early and I was so sick I thought I was losing my mind.

Randy - the only thing that scares me about Mandi continuing to take her 4mg is my own personal experience with PWD. When it happened, my doctor kept telling me to take the same dose every day. I stayed sick for quite some time (at least another week or more). It wasn't until years later that I discovered what PWD is and realized that's what happened to me. My idiot doctor never even told me or took any responsibility for what had happened.

Mandi - Randy and I have a lot of Sub experience. I do agree with him that eventually the Sub will knock all the Tramdadol off your receptors and you'll feel better. The question is, when will that happen? If I were in your position, I'd stop taking the Sub for now. See if you start to feel better. I'd try to give my body a break from the Sub for a couple days and see if there's improvement. At that point, you should probably try 2-3 mg at first, just to be safe.

Having said that, it's your decision. You could keep taking the 4mg as Randy suggested and you'll probably come around soon. Or, you could try stopping the Sub for now and see if that makes the difference.

I'll check back.
    Kat
    Randy35 likes this.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi Mandi,
    I second what Kat and Randy said..
    You are in Precipitaded withdrawals..
    It will pass..
    Hopefully sooner than later..
    Sometimes knowing that may help a little..

The good news is you can reinduce at a lower dose..

No matter what the a Drs say..

When on the appropriate dose of sub you do not feel like that..
    You feel good not high but good..
    Able to function without craving pills ..
    Take care ..
    I will check back later ..
    If you get dehydrated from throwing up you will only feel worse..

If possible try to keep some fluid down ..
    Seizures are a real possible with ct tramadol..

Your body has been through a lot ..
    The only thing that helps is time ..
    Iluv2
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-07-2015 at 04:02 PM.

I struggled to find my post sorry took so long to get back , I really appreciate all your replys , I had a feeling >> started it to soon , I actually started to feel a little better this afternoon and have even eaten something and kept it down whooooo , I was at the end of my tether what ever that means lol , I'm just worried about the morning mow as that's the worst sick feeling time , but now I feel fine very tired but I don't mind that I can cope with that ,I also seem to have swapped the sickness for the other end now lol sorry tmi , my fingers and everything are crossed that I wake feeling ok in the morning or o might do as you said and stop it for a few days , really appreciate all your replys , and again I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner xx

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    Randy - the only thing that scares me about Mandi continuing to take her 4mg is my own personal experience with PWD. When it happened, my doctor kept telling me to take the same dose every day. I stayed sick for quite some time (at least another week or more). It wasn't until years later that I discovered what PWD is and realized that's what happened to me. My idiot doctor never even told me or took any responsibility for what had happened.

Mandi - Randy and I have a lot of Sub experience. I do agree with him that eventually the Sub will knock all the Tramdadol off your receptors and you'll feel better. The question is, when will that happen? If I were in your position, I'd stop taking the Sub for now. See if you start to feel better. I'd try to give my body a break from the Sub for a couple days and see if there's improvement. At that point, you should probably try 2-3 mg at first, just to be safe.

Hey Kat - We can disagree sometimes, nothing at all wrong with that. We can have different opinions and suggestions because I know we BOTH want whats best for everyone we attempt to help!

I did think about advising Mandi to stop taking the sub and wait it out, but I can just literally "see" how she feels and figured having her STOP taking the sub might be worse than having her continue if that makes sense? Just wanted to explain my reasoning and suggestion for her to continue the subs. I know she will begin to feel better and having had a few days of a low dose med like Tramadol I figured she had to feel better by late today or tomorrow at the latest.

I know you went to sub from a very different habit and drug of choice than Mandi has. Trams are addictive, but are low in strength compared to most every other opiate. That's why I suggested she continue. Hope you understand. I still love ya!

Hey Mandi - Nice to hear you're feeling a little better. I want to tell you right now that you can't go wrong taking Kat's advice or any suggestion she makes. Kat knows her stuff about addiction, and she certaily knows subs as well as anyone here, and much better than most. Same thing with Bette (Iluv2), she also knows what's up. I'd like to think I also have good sub knowledge and would NEVER do anything intentially to hurt you or anyone else.

I will suggest you continue taking the same dose of sub at the same time each day. I really believe you'll begin feeling so much better real soon. Please don;t fear what tomorrow will bring unless you believe you WILL be feeling great! I think you really will.

If you want to take Kat's suggestion to stop the subs I will certainly understand. It's YOUR life and certainly YOUR choice of what to do. I just want you feeling better any way you can get there.

-Randy
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

aw you lot are ace , I don't feel alone anymore , I still felt very sick when I woke up this morning until I had a settler and a brew then took my tablets , feel more alive again now , and ot sick which in itself is great , my huband has been through this also nd also went on subs but for codeine and tramadol, he felt great by the second day that's one of the reasons I couldn't understand it, but I and him feel you are very right I must have taken them too early its the only explanantion , if tis morning sickness would stop I think I would have cracked it , not cracked it as in recovered but well on my way to recovery , your replys have been a great help so thankyou from the bottom of my heart , I may be bale to start eating again now and put my weight back on as I lost a stone and a half while on those awfull drugs , I will never let another tramadol pass my lips again ever ..... thanx again guys if I could give you a medal for care I would xx oh one more quick question , pain in kidneys ? not a bad one just a slight one is that the subs ? should I mention it to my doctor ? xx