Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jkinsley
  • 1 Post By Iwantoff2013
  • 1 Post By davepeerson
One Week off of Suboxone after 3 LONG YEARS
    Jkinsley is offline New Member

Thumbs up One Week off of Suboxone after 3 LONG YEARS

Hi guys! I've never posted on here before- but I've been logging on to read threads NON STOP over the past week. As is stated in the title, today is my one week mark and I seriously CANNOT believe it. To sum it up:
    Day 1 I had no WD's
    Days 2 & 3- bad anxiety, pretty much lived in the bathroom, and restless legs, skin crawling... no sleep..flopped around like a fish all night wanting to explode.
    Day 4 the physical symptoms started to come & go in waves- I started to feel some malaise which also came in waves. no sleep.
    Day 5 The physical symptoms were going away, no more anxiety but I felt like I was on a damn roller-coaster of emotion all day. Happy for 20 minutes, depressed for 10...repeat... for 24 hours. Maybe 2 hours of sleep...maybe. But on day 5 I definitely saw a huge difference compared to days 2 & 3. Progress. Sneezing like crazy.
    Day 6 Essentially no more physical symptoms (except the bathroom thing which stayed steady the whole time..eek). However, the malaise was still coming in waves..but shorter waves. I also had periods of elation, like honestly happier than I've been in years...feelings I wasn't even aware the drugs were masking. Slept around 4 1/2 hours. Stuffy nose..STILL sneezing like crazy.
    Day 7, Today. I felt amazing today. The only negative today (other than the obvious BM issue) was a little bit of sadness, but it didn't last long, especially because I'm literally in shock and awe that I did this.I know the depression lingers, I just try to keep busy. I'm actually getting tired so maybe I'll sleep 5 whole hours tonight! Oh and you guessed it...still living in SNEEZE CITY over here.

I took gummy vitamins, ibuprofen, and drank a lot of water / yerba-mate tea throughout the WD process. When I finally had an appetite on day 4, but didn't want to be condemned to the bathroom again, I had vanilla protein powder mixed with water and vanilla almond milk, which I've basically been living on since then, adding a little solid food in depending on how my bodys reacting that day. Strangely enough something that got me through my worst days was music. I put my headphones on, and it really did make things at least a little bit more manageable...got my mind wandering so I couldn't concentrate on the bad (which seemed to intensify the symptoms). That being said, a lot of the withdrawal was mental for me. I think the anxiety was the worst, it just made everything else more terrible- once it started to decrease I felt a hell of a lot better. Dear Anxiety: you're a reeeeal asswipe.

Now I have a question, and I hope it doesn't sound stupid. Has anyone ever gained a ton of weight after stopping suboxone? I'm really afraid of that, mainly because I had bulimia nervosa for most of my high school career (3.5 years to be exact). I'm 26 now, and I've been really happy with my body for like 5 years , I don't want to get sucked into that distorted body image bullcrap again as it almost killed me the first time around. Thanks guys & to anyone on here in the middle of withdrawal- KEEP GOING! You CAN do this! Once you start to see even minor progress you will be so proud of yourself!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-06-2015 at 11:03 PM.
    davepeerson likes this.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Congrats on getting off Sub after 3 years. That's huge! Did you taper down or just jump off? What dose did you stop at? I was on that garbage for many years. Tapered off last August.

I don't believe there's any direct link between quitting Suboxone and gaining weight. But some people find that after quitting opiates (Sub or otherwise) they have a bigger appetite. Just watch what you eat and you'll be fine.

Take care.
    Kat
    davepeerson likes this.

davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

I would like to Congratulate You as well!! One Week Down....that's HUGE!! I am also interested in how You jumped.....a long taper....or Just Jump....and from what Dose?? The worst is Over....Just know that those waves You talk about will come and go for awhile!! A Lot depends on How High of Dose You were On....and what You jumped from?? Keep Posting...because.....I just Need to be Honest with You....Getting Clean is One thing.....and believe ME....What You've done so far.....AWESOME!!! But....staying FREE from the BEAST is yet another!! You WILL need support.....So keep posting as often as You can!! Again.....Nice Job....and You've come to the Right Place for support, and advice if You want it!! Try and get some exercise.....Stay Strong My Friend!!....PS....I don't think there is any worry about weight gain....Unless You start eating a Bunch of Junk.....To Really help Your Body adjust....I would also suggest trying to eat as Healthy as Possible!! Your Metabolism is actually SLOWED by using opiates!!..
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

TigerLily32 is offline Senior Member

I gained 20pounds while using! I use to be a healthy 105... Now that I'm 8 days free of the beast I want to lose it! I had no idea it made you gain weight, I just thought I was getting old!

Ledhead78 is offline New Member

Default Same as me

I try to tell people that a week and your life will change getting off the sub non-emotional railroad. I've never been so happy since quitting.I didn't have that much IBS issues. I'm guessing that I cut down slowly to .5 milligrams. It took a year from 8 milligrams but so easy to come off of if you cut down. The insomnia was the worst I'm experiencing along with a few sharp pains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkinsley View Post
    Hi guys! I've never posted on here before- but I've been logging on to read threads NON STOP over the past week. As is stated in the title, today is my one week mark and I seriously CANNOT believe it. To sum it up:
    Day 1 I had no WD's
    Days 2 & 3- bad anxiety, pretty much lived in the bathroom, and restless legs, skin crawling... no sleep..flopped around like a fish all night wanting to explode.
    Day 4 the physical symptoms started to come & go in waves- I started to feel some malaise which also came in waves. no sleep.
    Day 5 The physical symptoms were going away, no more anxiety but I felt like I was on a damn roller-coaster of emotion all day. Happy for 20 minutes, depressed for 10...repeat... for 24 hours. Maybe 2 hours of sleep...maybe. But on day 5 I definitely saw a huge difference compared to days 2 & 3. Progress. Sneezing like crazy.
    Day 6 Essentially no more physical symptoms (except the bathroom thing which stayed steady the whole time..eek). However, the malaise was still coming in waves..but shorter waves. I also had periods of elation, like honestly happier than I've been in years...feelings I wasn't even aware the drugs were masking. Slept around 4 1/2 hours. Stuffy nose..STILL sneezing like crazy.
    Day 7, Today. I felt amazing today. The only negative today (other than the obvious BM issue) was a little bit of sadness, but it didn't last long, especially because I'm literally in shock and awe that I did this.I know the depression lingers, I just try to keep busy. I'm actually getting tired so maybe I'll sleep 5 whole hours tonight! Oh and you guessed it...still living in SNEEZE CITY over here.

I took gummy vitamins, ibuprofen, and drank a lot of water / yerba-mate tea throughout the WD process. When I finally had an appetite on day 4, but didn't want to be condemned to the bathroom again, I had vanilla protein powder mixed with water and vanilla almond milk, which I've basically been living on since then, adding a little solid food in depending on how my bodys reacting that day. Strangely enough something that got me through my worst days was music. I put my headphones on, and it really did make things at least a little bit more manageable...got my mind wandering so I couldn't concentrate on the bad (which seemed to intensify the symptoms). That being said, a lot of the withdrawal was mental for me. I think the anxiety was the worst, it just made everything else more terrible- once it started to decrease I felt a hell of a lot better. Dear Anxiety: you're a reeeeal asswipe.

Now I have a question, and I hope it doesn't sound stupid. Has anyone ever gained a ton of weight after stopping suboxone? I'm really afraid of that, mainly because I had bulimia nervosa for most of my high school career (3.5 years to be exact). I'm 26 now, and I've been really happy with my body for like 5 years , I don't want to get sucked into that distorted body image bullcrap again as it almost killed me the first time around. Thanks guys & to anyone on here in the middle of withdrawal- KEEP GOING! You CAN do this! Once you start to see even minor progress you will be so proud of yourself!