Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes
Just need a response withdrawals killing me
    6star6 is offline Member

Thumbs down Just need a response withdrawals killing me

I quit oxycontin cold turkey. I was at 1- 30 mg a day. And 2 vicodin a day and my pain went up because of a allergic reaction to a supartz injection. Went to 3 of both a day for about 2 weeks. Then I was taking the oxycontin to just feel normal. Easy to drop down the vicodin. 1,2 or 3 did not matter. But the oxycontin just dropping 1 made me start withdrawal symptoms so I just dropped them all. I am doing 2 vicoidin right now a day for and really thinking I took my last vicodin. Because no difference in the withdrawals. I don't work but I think my wife is going to think this is almost over. And this is day 3 or 4 no oxycontin. Not sure can't remember. I need to function. I'm going nuts and the thought of ending it or go back to the oxy are all I think about.

TigerLily32 is offline Senior Member

Hey there. You gotta stay strong and tough it out. I'm on day 4 and it's a heck of a roller coaster ride.
    Everyone on here seems to be going through the same w/d symptoms and pretty much staying hydrated, immodium, hylands for the rls. I've been taking xanax but spacing them out as far as I can like every 12 hours.
    Warm bath soaks are good for aching muscles.
    It's a physical then mental battle. Stay strong and fight the beast!

6star6 is offline Member

I am just worried I have to do this all again. I smoke and want to quit. Way way to many energy drinks. And I took vicodin today. I just want to be healthy and dont know how. I also take trazadone to sleep and weed but it does nothing for me. I want it all gone. How am I going to get thru this?

I can say for one no energy drinks while going through w/d's .. Stay clear of all caffeine. Maybe start one at a time. You already dropped the Vic and Oxy, tackle that then move on to the next.
    Post on here and read other people's experiences. It's been really helpful for me. I don't know if you have support at home but you WILL find it here.
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

6star6 is offline Member

It helps just posting. And I have read so many others that I can't read no more. I have read hundreds easy in the last 4 days. I think I will research what foods to eat. I'm OK this second. Need the motivation oxycontin gives me. I want it so bad. Just sitting on my night stand.
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

6star6 is offline Member

OK I just did what I thought was impossible. I ate. I took a shower. I got dressed and walked a dog. Just to the mail boxes but I walked him. Got very sick to my stomach. And I am going to walk the other dog to the mailboxes.
    Catherine120813 likes this.

6star6 is offline Member

Almost killed me. I'm in tears. But I walked the second dog. I feel so useless.

Sadmommy13 is offline Senior Member

Hang in there 6. OI know you can hardly come up with a reason to stand up most of the time. But there is a really really bright light at the end of this nightmare...... freedom! It's what we are ALL here trying for. Even just reading posts of others gave me so much strength for the first week of my wds. Even when all I could muster up to type was "omg I think i am going to die", if I typed it, the responses and the support starting coming. There is so much good advice and HOPE here on this forum Just keep reading through the dark times and let it give you strength!

Awesome job and getting up and moving today. The more you can get active, the sooner being active will feel normal again. You're doing a super great job, even thought it feels far from it right now. Hang in there! We are ALL rooting for you!

Mommy is right

We are all cheering you on!!
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

6star6 is offline Member

Thank you guys. It helps more than you know. Gonna get worse tomorrow when I don't take the vicodin. I hope I can do this. I keep tearing up.

Sadmommy13 is offline Senior Member

Tearing up is okay! That is what this time is all about.... letting it all out. It is okay to feel whatever you want to feel right now. You're right.... tomorrow will be worse without the vic. But just be prepared. Take vitamins, eat as best as you can, keep moving as you feel able to. Bc like I said, the more you normal you can even trick yourself into feeling, the sooner that normal will become just that.....normal.

But, on the other hand, when you feel like doing nothing, do nothing. Now is the one time that you are allowed to be selfish. As addicts we know how to be selfish.... that is just part of addiction. Now is the time t take all the selfishness you felt about using, and out that energy into yourself. You may feel like you are checking out on life for a short while, but it is for the greater good. It is better to miss out on a little, and be there for forever. There are only two choices here: keep going as you have been, or power though this change like a titan.

This is a tough, hard, indescribable battle to someone who has not done it. But it is one that it worth winning. There is no winning in continuing down the using road. It gets to a point that no amount will ever be enough to keep you happy, always chasing a euphoria like the first time, which is never gonna happen again. The only way out of this is THROUGH IT. You can do it. There are so many people here wanting to help you hold strong, and we know you can do it.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-02-2015 at 10:07 PM. Reason: typos

6star6 is offline Member

Slept 3 and a half hours after being up for almost 24. Not getting better. Driving me nuts. So bored.

Catherine120813 is offline Senior Member

Oh 6, this is such an awful journey and we all come here hoping for "an easier softer way" (to borrow a phrase from AA.

There is not an easy way to do this, but 5-6 days of being miserable? versus years and maybe your life lost to drugs? No contest. Keep walking those dogs; I guarantee they will not look at you and say "You already walked me!"

Sleep? Think of it as "rest". As far as something to do, the most I could manage was a jigsaw puzzle. Really. And take those hot showers.

A few (I know they seem long) days...
    Sadmommy13 and way_out_willie like this.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

I just want to lend support..
    You can not worry about stopping everything at once..
    Just worry about the opiates first..

I would suggest you not have them on your nightstand..

Too much temptation..
    This opiate addiction is very cunning , baffling and powerful..

To say the least..
    A small % of us get clean..

You are 1 of them..
    You are blessed..

Just stay clean for the day
    The hour
    The minute!

Those minutes will add up ..

You are gonna be ok!
    It gets better..
    We know how our life's are when using!
    Clean!
    Anything is possible!
    It will get better..
    You will have choices!

Keep drinking water..
    Whatever you can do to get your own natural endorphins functioning again..
    Laughing
    Chocolate
    Sex
    Small accomplishments
    Hot peppers..
    Funny movies

The things we use to do before drugs ..
    Take care
    Iluv2
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-03-2015 at 08:23 AM.

BTexas2010 is offline Member

6- My name is BTex and you can add me to your list of supporters! When you think about it, wasn't crying kinda nice? I mean I can recall not having much emotion by the end of my addiction. After even a few days clean I could cry at halfway sad radio commercial, but I realized, wow you have surpressed emotion with pills for so long, everything is just pouring out all at once...and it was great! I can also recall the idea of once I got to 5-6 days of hell, I sure wasn't going to waste those days. Granted there is an easy way out of today's misery, but you know that you "owe" that misery and you are going to "pay" it off someday somehow, and it will never be easier than today! Not to suggest, by any stretch of the imagination, that this is easy, but another day, another week and another year will for sure make it harder! You are almost there and you don't drop out of school in your senior year because you sure aren't going to waste those 11 prior years are you? Same deal here...you got this! You got here and you made it this many days! -BTex

6star6 is offline Member

I can barley write this. Don't know why so bad. Thank you everybody. Helps so much. 4-5 days no oxycontin. 24 hours no vicodin. Feeling it in middle of lower chest. All you guys are awesome. I'm cold. And rambling. Thank you guys.

6star6 is offline Member

I am so afraid that without the drugs the pain I took them for will come back and I will have to go back. How long before I know if I don't need them for pain. I am scared I am doing this for nothing.

kathycz is offline New Member

Dear 6,
    I am so very proud of you!! I was also addicted to Oxycontin, a very high dosage and for a very long time......I took my last ones on 10/28/2014.....I wish I could tell you that it is an easy road. I actually went to a detox center because I couldn't put my family through watching me go through the first few days of withdrawals after trying to wean myself off of them I was truly scared to death! I admire all the people that can go cold turkey. I knew I wasn't brave enough. I still to this day have withdrawal symptoms. Most likely from the length and amount I was prescribed them. I really wish I would have found this forum months ago so I would have known what to expect.......I did have quite a problem with my blood pressure, when you mentioned your chest pain, I wanted to tell you please make sure and monitor yours for little while.
    Once again I am so proud of you and if you need support.....you have found it!
    Kathy
    Sadmommy13 and sarahmarie85 like this.

6star6 is offline Member

I'm scared.

6star6 is offline Member

Things are not getting done. I want to take my meds so bad. Just can't get myself to move today.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-03-2015 at 03:19 PM.

penguinlover is offline Junior Member

I'm right there with you 6...it's my 2nd day and it seems like it will never end..

Day 5 for me. It DOES get better just hang in and hang on! Take it minute by minute!

The creepy crawlies are what kills me...i have no access to leave and buy supplys...my decision...so i deal with them at night...
    way_out_willie likes this.

CementTornado is offline New Member

I'm on day 5 after jumping off subs at .5 mg.. The first few days were awful. I'm just now kinda feeling ok.

All I can say is keep your mind busy, and your body too if you can. I can't manage to go for a walk or anything so your doing really well. Just know that it will be over soon. Try a hot bath to help with the muscle aches and some Advil. Fever reducer helps if your getting the hot and cold sweats

Stay strong!

kathycz is offline New Member

Dear 6, I too was so afraid that the pain I was having would only be intensified after I detoxed. Amazingly I only take ibuprofen, Tylenol and a mild muscle relaxer. Usually very little pain unless I over do it or it's weather related. And if you weren't scared I'd be worried. I actually thought I was going to die a few days. Just take it 1 minute at a time. I know you'll make and keep posting!
    Kathy

6star6 is offline Member

When do I get my energy back. I'm so afraid that I won't get it back. I think my wife is getting annoyed. She won't tell me. And she has been great but you can just tell if it goes to much longer I'm gonna have problems.

I keep seeing every one posting that excise is good...I'm constipated to my embarrassment..is trying to go to the bathroom considers exercising...?...because I'm exhausted by just trying...so I'm scared to take imodium...

6star6 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by penguinlover View Post
    I keep seeing every one posting that excise is good...I'm constipated to my embarrassment..is trying to go to the bathroom considers exercising...?...because I'm exhausted by just trying...so I'm scared to take imodium...
    Don't be embarrassed. I wish I was. I read its supposed to be the other way around. And it is for me. Don't know what to have my wife get at the store. I am so bored.

Bored...I'm just tired...I am exhausted and I'm barely on my 2nd day...so I have a lot to go...

6star6 is offline Member

I think where I messed up was not quitting both opiates at once. Should have stopped the vicodin same time as the oxycontin. Although I only put them in the drawer on my wife's side I had to get them out of sight. So it is only day one off of vicodin. And day 4 for the oxycontin.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast