Dating my bestfriend just got complicated.
    hesmylove1995 is offline New Member

Post Dating my bestfriend just got complicated.

So I’m dating my best friend, who happens to like drugs. We’ve known each other since we were 10 and I can honestly say I love him more than anything. We’ve been on and off for the past two years. Recently we got back together and we’ve been talking about our future together and the great life we can have together. Also recently though I learned that he is a pot smoker. I didn’t take that very well considering I grew up in a broken home. My dad left me and my mom for drugs and my step dad is a pot head and an alcoholic. I’ve watched almost everyone I love choose drugs over the people that love them. I still don’t agree with it but I said it was ok as long as he didn’t do it around me or hide it from me. I’d rather him tell me about it then him sneak around and do it ya know? But now, he wants to try some more drugs, worse ones. I don’t know how to deal with this. I love him but I don’t wanna sit and watch him destroy himself and I don’t wanna get hurt like this. I don’t wanna lose him to something like this and I can’t get him to understand that…. He has been my best friend since 5th grade and I can’t imagine losing him like this. I’m trying to accept it cause I don’t want to argue with him but this is really eating me up. It’s going against everything I grew up thinking. My mom once had a best friend that I thought of as an aunt and I loved her like crazy. She was my best friend too. My mom and I stood by her through everything, helped her through everything and loved her through it all but in the end she chose drugs over us and it hurt. Really bad. I’m scared that I’m gonna stick with him through everything and just end up losing him too. Any advice on how to get through this?

justbeingme is offline Member

There's no right answers or quick fixes for anything drug related in my mind. He's already choosing drugs now. To me that's asking for trouble. Drugs will be put ahead of you as you have seen before. Do you want the lifestyle ? Not being treated like a woman should be treated ? I'm assuming you're young and your relationship with him has been on and off ? OFF. End it now. Your happiness is not worth giving up to someone's addiction.

hesmylove1995 is offline New Member

We talked about it. And he does treat me the way I'm meant to be treated. He's the sweetest guy I know. I'm scared about being put under drugs on his life scale but I trust him and believe he wont do that. He's willing to give them up if I ask him to. I love him and I want to spend our lives together. And I want to think that it'll be ok.