Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By TolikG
  • 1 Post By iloerose
  • 1 Post By JustAnotherAddict
  • 2 Post By HarrySmooth
a 3 year pill addict
    onefreeman2015 is offline New Member

Default a 3 year pill addict

Whts up guys. Not sure if my story goes here.Always read but decided to make account and post. I was on vicodin for 3 years.from 10-20 and taking from From percs to blue 30s. Toldmyself i waa done on new years. I tapered down to two a day. I used to snort them. Firstcouple days were hell. But im on day 6 and my body js normal. No more diarrhea or anything. For tgose who think its hard. Well it is. But take it one day at a time. I did this cold Turkey. Its worth it and i did it for my unborn son.

TolikG is offline Senior Member

Congrats buddy! Best decision you have made, believe me. I have a VERRRRY similar story to yours. Did vics, percs, roxys---3 yrs with two 45 day breaks and finally quit with help of Suboxone. I hope u feel great but the if u don't--- don't give up man! I also quit mainly for my daughter... Now, during moments of dispair and feeling awful from time to time --- I just think of it as healing process..I'm thinking to myself that I kinda DO have to pay the price for all that damage I've done to myself and my family (financial, and emotional..) BE STRONG BUDDY!
    iloerose likes this.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

This is the time to stay strong for sure!!!! There's a saying: It's relatively easy to get clean, hard to stay that way. One person on this board, says that that one pill is always right there. Addiction stays with us forever. Remember just one starts the landslide. Make a plan to stay clean!!! Think about NA, AA. Congratulations on the 6 days! Stay Vigilant Always!!!

Peace,

Iloerose
    JustAnotherAddict likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by onefreeman2015 View Post
    Whts up guys. Not sure if my story goes here.Always read but decided to make account and post. I was on vicodin for 3 years.from 10-20 and taking from From percs to blue 30s. Toldmyself i waa done on new years. I tapered down to two a day. I used to snort them. Firstcouple days were hell. But im on day 6 and my body js normal. No more diarrhea or anything. For tgose who think its hard. Well it is. But take it one day at a time. I did this cold Turkey. Its worth it and i did it for my unborn son.
    That's great news. Well done you! You deserve to be proud of yourself. I'm on day three and it stinks. Hopefully I'll turn the corner soon. Well done again!
    iloerose likes this.

onefreeman2015 is offline New Member

Exactly. Im not a bad guy or look like a junkie. I work as a IT for insurance company. So luckiky at work i surround myself with great ppl. Im now on day 7 and couldn'tfeel better. EExcept fit tooth ache

Quote Originally Posted by onefreeman2015 View Post
    Exactly. Im not a bad guy or look like a junkie. I work as a IT for insurance company. So luckiky at work i surround myself with great ppl. Im now on day 7 and couldn'tfeel better. EExcept fit tooth ache
    I'm the same. Secret junkie here! Glad you are feeling better and hope the toothache gets better soon. Are you going to see a dentist?

I wonder if the mods would delete my post number six? I'm concerned that something I mentioned might put ideas into someone's head. In fact, years ago, I learned about such a thing through a site like this. It's dangerous in my opinion. I know all drugs are but this can be very unpredictable. Maybe I'm over reacting but I would hate for some kid to read and try it. Happened to me.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-10-2015 at 01:14 PM.

HarrySmooth is offline Advanced Member

Good for you!!!! Thats AWESOME you pulled it off Cold Turkey, ...thank god you were not on them that long! I was on Oxys for 6 years, 120-180mgs/DAY and trust me....there was NO "Cold Turkey'ing" off that long and High of a dose....had to do the Suboxone route, but Clean as a whistle NOW!!!! WOO HOO!
    Again......GREAT Job!