Nembutal Sodium (pentobarbital) and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There are 2 alcohol/food/lifestyle interactions with Nembutal Sodium (pentobarbital) which include:
PENTobarbital ↔ Alcohol (Ethanol)
Major Drug Interaction
Ask your doctor before using PENTobarbital together with ethanol, this can add to dizziness, drowsiness and other side effects of PENTobarbital. Be careful if you drive or do activities that require you to be awake and alert. Talk with your doctor before using any medications together, or drinking alcohol with PENTobarbital. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Severe Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility
barbiturates IV - cardiovascular
The intravenous administration of barbiturates may produce severe cardiovascular reactions such as bradycardia, hypertension, or vasodilation with fall in blood pressure, particularly during rapid infusion. Parenteral therapy with barbiturates should be administered cautiously in patients with hypertension, hypotension, or cardiac disease. The intravenous administration of barbiturates should be reserved for emergency treatment of acute seizures or for anesthesia.
- "Product Information. Amytal Sodium (amobarbital)" Lilly, Eli and Company, Indianapolis, IN.
- "Product Information. Phenobarbital (phenobarbital)." Lilly, Eli and Company, Indianapolis, IN.
- "Product Information. Nembutal Sodium (pentobarbital)" Abbott Pharmaceutical, Abbott Park, IL.
- "Product Information. Seconal Sodium (secobarbital)" Lilly, Eli and Company, Indianapolis, IN.
- American Medical Association, Division of Drugs and Toxicology "Drug evaluations annual 1994." Chicago, IL: American Medical Association; (1994):
Nembutal Sodium (pentobarbital) drug Interactions
There are 934 drug interactions with Nembutal Sodium (pentobarbital)
Nembutal Sodium (pentobarbital) disease Interactions
There are 13 disease interactions with Nembutal Sodium (pentobarbital) which include:
- Acute Alcohol Intoxication
- Drug Dependence
- Liver Disease
- Respiratory Depression
- Prolonged Hypotension
- Adrenal Insufficiency
- Hematologic Toxicity
- Paradoxical Reactions
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.