Oravig (miconazole) and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food/lifestyle interaction with Oravig (miconazole):
High Cholesterol (Hyperlipoproteinemia, Hypertriglyceridemia, Sitosterolemia)
Minor Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility
miconazole - hyperlipidemia
Elevations in cholesterol and triglyceride levels may occur in patients receiving intravenous miconazole and are attributed to the drug vehicle, Cremophor EL (polyethoxylated castor oil). These increases are reversible upon discontinuation of miconazole therapy. Clinicians should be cognizant of these effects when interpreting lab results of hyperlipidemic patients during treatment with miconazole.
- Rose HD, Roth DA, Barboriak JJ "Hyperlipidemia related to miconazole therapy." Ann Intern Med 91 (1979): 491-2
- Heel RC, Brogden RN, Pakes GE, Speight TM, Avery GS "Miconazole: a preliminary review of its therapeutic efficacy in systemic fungal infections." Drugs 19 (1980): 7-30
- Naito HK, McHenry MC, Lewis LA "Drug-induced dyslipoproteinemia: a report of two cases." Clin Chem 26 (1980): 163-8
- Bagnarello AG, Lewis LA, McHenry MC, Weinstein AJ, Naito HK, McCullough AJ, Lederman RJ, Gavan TL "Unusual serum lipoprotein abnormality induced by the vehicle of miconazole." N Engl J Med 296 (1977): 497-9
- "Product Information. Monistat (miconazole)." Ortho Pharmaceutical Corporation, Raritan, NJ.
- Wade TR, Jones HE, Chanda JJ "Intravenous miconazole therapy of mycotic infections." Arch Intern Med 139 (1979): 784-6
Oravig (miconazole) drug Interactions
There are 370 drug interactions with Oravig (miconazole)
Oravig (miconazole) disease Interactions
There are 2 disease interactions with Oravig (miconazole) which include:
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.