Uta (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / sodium biphosphate) and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There are 3 alcohol/food/lifestyle interactions with Uta (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / sodium biphosphate) which include:
hyoscyamine ↔ Alcohol (Ethanol)
Moderate Drug Interaction
Ask your doctor before using hyoscyamine together with ethanol. Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while you are taking hyoscyamine. You should be warned not to exceed recommended dosages and to avoid activities requiring mental alertness. If your doctor prescribes these medications together, you may need a dose adjustment to safely take this combination. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
sodium biphosphate ↔ food
Moderate Food Interaction
Consumer information for this interaction is not currently available.
ADJUST DOSING INTERVAL: Bowel cleansing products can increase the gastrointestinal transit rate. Oral medications administered within one hour of the start of administration of the bowel cleansing solution may be flushed from the gastrointestinal tract and not properly absorbed.
MANAGEMENT: Patients should be advised that absorption of oral medications may be impaired during bowel cleansing treatment. Oral medications (e.g., anticonvulsants, oral contraceptives, antidiabetic agents, antibiotics) should not be administered during and within one hour of starting bowel cleansing treatment whenever possible. However, if concomitant use cannot be avoided, monitoring for reduced therapeutic effects may be advisable.
- "Product Information. Prepopik (citric acid/Mg oxide/Na picosulfate)." Ferring Pharmaceuticals Inc, Tarrytown, NY.
- "Product Information. Golytely (polyethylene glycol electrolyte solution)." Braintree, Braintree, MA.
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Minor Potential Hazard, Low plausibility
anticholinergics - hypertension
Cardiovascular effects of anticholinergics may exacerbate hypertension. Therapy with anticholinergic agents should be administered cautiously in patients with hypertension.
- "Product Information. Marezine (cyclizine)." Glaxo Wellcome, Research Triangle Park, NC.
- "Product Information. Benadryl (diphenhydramine)." Parke-Davis, Morris Plains, NJ.
- "Product Information. Cogentin (benztropine)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
- "Product Information. Artane (trihexyphenidyl)." Lederle Laboratories, Wayne, NJ.
- "Product Information. Atropine Sulfate Injection, USP (atropine)." ESI Lederle Generics, Philadelphia, PA.
- Valentin N, Staffeldt H, Kyst A "Effect of i.v. atropine on cardiac rhythm, heart rate, blood pressure and airway secretion during isoflurane anaesthesia." Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 28 (1984): 621-4
- "Product Information. Antivert (meclizine)." Roerig Division, New York, NY.
Uta (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / sodium biphosphate) drug Interactions
There are 1168 drug interactions with Uta (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / sodium biphosphate)
Uta (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / sodium biphosphate) disease Interactions
There are 24 disease interactions with Uta (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / sodium biphosphate) which include:
- Autonomic Neuropathy
- Gi Obstruction
- Obstructive Uropathy
- Reactive Airway Diseases
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Infectious Diarrhea
- Liver Disease
- Methemoglobinemia In G-6-Pd
- Cardiac Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Gastric Ulcer
- Gastroesophageal Reflux
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Liver Disease
- Renal Failure
- Renal Dysfunction
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.