AirDuo Respiclick (fluticasone / salmeterol) and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food/lifestyle interaction with AirDuo Respiclick (fluticasone / salmeterol):
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Moderate Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility
beta- 2 adrenergic bronchodilators - cardiovascular
Adrenergic bronchodilators can stimulate cardiovascular beta- 1 and beta- 2 receptors, resulting in adverse effects such as tachycardia, palpitation, peripheral vasodilation, blood pressure changes, and ECG changes (e.g., flattening of the T wave; prolongation of the QT interval; ST segment depression). Direct stimulation of cardiac tissues is mediated by beta- 1 receptors and thus less likely to occur with beta-2-selective agents such as albuterol. However, beta-2-selectivity is not absolute and can be lost with larger doses. High dosages of these agents have been associated with precipitation or aggravation of angina, myocardial ischemia, and cardiac arrhythmias. Therapy with adrenergic bronchodilators should be administered cautiously in patients with sensitivity to sympathomimetic amines, hyperthyroidism, and/or underlying cardiovascular disorders such as coronary insufficiency, cardiac arrhythmias, or hypertension. The recommended dosages should not be exceeded.
- Price AH, Clissold SP "Salbutamol in the 1980s. A reappraisal of its clinical efficacy." Drugs 38 (1989): 77-122
- "Product Information. Brethaire (terbutaline)." Novartis Pharmaceuticals, East Hanover, NJ.
- Tranfa CME, Pelaia G, Grembiale RD, Naty S, Durante S, Borrello G "Short-term cardiovascular effects of salmeterol." Chest 113 (1998): 1272-6
- Chodosh S, Crooks LA, Tuck J "Comparative effects of pirbuterol acetate, metaproterenol, and placebo aerosols on pulmonary function and incidence of cardiac ectopy." J Asthma 26 (1989): 309-15
- Richards DM, Brogden RN "Pirbuterol. A preliminary review of its pharmacological properties and therapeutic efficacy in reversible bronchospastic disease." Drugs 30 (1985): 6-21
- Maguire GP, Emirgil C "Bronchodilator and side effects of different modes of administration of metaproterenol: inhaled, oral, and in combination." Am J Med Sci 291 (1986): 168-74
- Maconochie JG, Forster JK "Dose-response study with high-dose inhaled salmeterol in healthy subjects." Br J Clin Pharmacol 33 (1992): 342-5
- Hibbard JU "Chronic terbutaline therapy and peripartum cardiomyopathy: a case-control study." Hypertens Pregnancy 15 (1996): 183-91
- Spitzer WO, Suissa S, Ernst P, Horwitz RI, Habbick B, Cockcroft D, Boivin JF, McNutt M, Buist AS, Rebuck AS "The use of beta-agonists and the risk of death and near death from asthma." N Engl J Med 326 (1992): 501-6
- Finch JS "Cardiovascular toxicity: clinical evaluation of albuterol, isoproterenol and placebo in rising dose tolerance trial." Ann Allergy 47 (1981): 402-4
- "Product Information. Tornalate Metered Dose (bitolterol)." Dura Pharmaceuticals, San Diego, CA.
- "Product Information. Severent (salmeterol)." Glaxo Wellcome, Research Triangle Park, NC.
- Bierman CW, Kemp JP, Nathan RA "Efficacy and safety of inhaled bitolterol mesylate via metered-dose inhaler in children with asthma." Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 76 (1996): 27-35
- Brogden RN, Faulds D "Salmeterol xinafoate. A review of its pharmacological properties and therapeutic potential in reversible obstructive airways disease." Drugs 42 (1991): 895-912
- Suissa S, Hemmelgarn B, Blais L, Ernst P "Bronchodilators and acute cardiac death." Am J Respir Crit Care Med 154 (1996): 1598-602
- Wong CS, Pavord ID, Williams J, Britton JR, Tattersfield AE "Bronchodilator, cardiovascular, and hypokalaemic effects of fenoterol, salbutamol, and terbutaline in asthma." Lancet 336 (1990): 1396-9
- Larsson S "Long-term treatment with beta2-adrenostimulants in asthma. Side effects, selectivity, tolerance, and routes of administration." Acta Med Scand Suppl 608 (1977): 1-40
- Ence TJ, Tashkin DP, Ho D, Child JS "Acute bronchial and cardiovascular effects of oral pirbuterol and metaproterenol." Ann Allergy 43 (1979): 229-36
- Chazan R, Droszcz W, Maruchin JE "Pharmacodynamics of salbutamol in humans." Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther Toxicol 26 (1988): 385-7
- Breeden CC, Safirstein BH "Albuterol and spacer-induced atrial fibrillation." Chest 98 (1990): 762-3
- "Product Information. Ventolin (albuterol)." Glaxo Wellcome, Research Triangle Park, NC.
- Jenne JW "Can oral beta(2) agonists cause heart failure?" Lancet 352 (1998): 1081-2
- Godfrey S "Worldwide experience with albuterol (salbutamol)." Ann Allergy 47 (1981): 423-6
- Neville E, Corris PA, Vivian J, Nariman S, Gibson GJ "Nebulised salbutamol and angina." Br Med J (Clin Res Ed) 285 (1982): 796-7
- "Adverse effects and complications of treatment with beta-adrenergic agonist drugs. Committee on drugs, the American Academy of Allergy and Immunology." J Allergy Clin Immunol 75 (1985): 443-9
- Littner MR, Tashkin DP, Calvarese B, Bautista M "Acute bronchial and cardiovascular effects of increasing doses of pirbuterol acetate aerosol in asthma." Ann Allergy 48 (1982): 14-20
- Vathenen AS, Britton JR, Ebden P, Cookson JB, Wharrad HJ, Tattersfield AE "High-dose inhaled albuterol in severe chronic airflow limitation." Am Rev Respir Dis 138 (1988): 850-5
- Trautlein J, Allegra J, Gillin M "Aerosolized terbutaline sulfate--an evalution of efficacy and side effects in patients with reversible airway disease." J Clin Pharmacol 17 (1977): 76-80
- Wolfe JD, Yamate M, Biedermann AA, Chu TJ "Comparison of the acute cardiopulmonary effects of oral albuterol, metaproterenol, and terbutaline in asthmatics." JAMA 253 (1985): 2068-72
- Kinney EL, Trautlein JJ, Harbaugh CV, Lambert D, Zelis RF "Ventricular tachycardia after terbutaline." JAMA 240 (1978): 2247
- Al-Hillawi AH, Hayward R, Johnson NM "Incidence of cardiac arrhythmias in patients taking slow release salbutamol and slow release terbutaline for asthma." Br Med J (Clin Res Ed) 288 (1984): 367
- Wagner JM, Morton MJ, Johnson KA, O'Grady JP, Speroff L "Terbutaline and maternal cardiac function." JAMA 246 (1981): 2697-701
- Lampert MB, Hibbard J, Weinert L, Briller J, Lindheimer M, Lang RM "Peripartum heart failure associated with prolonged tocolytic therapy." Am J Obstet Gynecol 168 (1993): 493-5
- Meyer JM, Wenzel CL, Kradjan WA "Salmeterol: a novel, long-acting beta 2-agonist." Ann Pharmacother 27 (1993): 1478-87
- "Product Information. Maxair (pirbuterol)." 3M Pharmaceuticals, St. Paul, MN.
- "Product Information. Xopenex (levalbuterol)." Sepracor, Marlborough, MA.
- Mettauer B, Rouleau JL, Burgess JH "Detrimental arrhythmogenic and sustained beneficial hemodynamic effects of oral salbutamol in patients with chronic congestive heart failure." Am Heart J 109 (1985): 840-7
- Sanders JP, Potter DE, Ellis S, Bee DE, Grant JA "Metabolic and cardiovascular effects of carbuterol and metaproterenol." J Allergy Clin Immunol 60 (1977): 174-9
- Gawchik SM, Saccar CL, Noonan M, Reasner DS, DeGraw SS "The safety and efficacy of nebulized levalbuterol compared with racemic albuterol and placebo in the treatment of asthma in pediatric patients." J Allerg Clin Immunol 103 (1999): 615-21
- Bengtsson B, Fagerstrom PO "Extrapulmonary effects of terbutaline during prolonged administration." Clin Pharmacol Ther 31 (1982): 726-32
- "Product Information. Proventil (albuterol)." Schering Laboratories, Kenilworth, NJ.
- Braden GL, Germain MJ, Mulhern JG, Hafer JG, Bria WF "Hemodynamic, cardiac, and electrolyte effects of low-dose aerosolized terbutaline sulfate in asthmatic patients." Chest 114 (1998): 380-7
- Larsson S, Svedmyr N "Bronchodilating effect and side effects of beta2- adrenoceptor stimulants by different modes of administration (tablets, metered aerosol, and combinations thereof). A study with salbutamol inasthmatics." Am Rev Respir Dis 116 (1977): 861-9
- "Product Information. Alupent (metaproterenol)." Boehringer-Ingelheim, Ridgefield, CT.
- Katz M, Robertson PA, Creasy RK "Cardiovascular complications associated with terbutaline treatment for preterm labor." Am J Obstet Gynecol 139 (1981): 605-8
- Shovlin CL, Tam FW "Salbutamol nebuliser and precipitation of critical cardiac ischaemia." Lancet 336 (1990): 1258
- Brogden RN, Speight TM, Avery GS "Terbutaline: a preliminary report of its pharmacological properties and therapeutic efficacy in asthma." Drugs 6 (1973): 324-32
- Pinnas JL, Bhatt BD, Campbell SC, Kemp JP, Tinkelman DG "Dose-response study of nebulized bitolterol mesylate solution in asthmatic patients." Chest 91 (1987): 533-9
- Whitsett TL, Manion CV, Wilson MF "Cardiac, pulmonary and neuromuscular effects of clenbuterol and terbutaline compared with placebo." Br J Clin Pharmacol 12 (1981): 195-200
- Nathan RA, Bronsky EA, Dockhorn RJ, Kemp JP "Multicenter dose-ranging study of bitolterol mesylate solution for nebulization in children with asthma." Ann Allergy 72 (1994): 209-16
AirDuo Respiclick (fluticasone / salmeterol) drug Interactions
There are 798 drug interactions with AirDuo Respiclick (fluticasone / salmeterol)
AirDuo Respiclick (fluticasone / salmeterol) disease Interactions
There are 11 disease interactions with AirDuo Respiclick (fluticasone / salmeterol) which include:
- Hepatic Impairment
- Ocular Herpes Simplex
- Ocular Toxicities
- Hepatic Dysfunction
More about AirDuo Respiclick (fluticasone / salmeterol)
- AirDuo Respiclick Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 2 Reviews
- Drug class: bronchodilator combinations
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.