Quarzan (clidinium) and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There are 2 alcohol/food/lifestyle interactions with Quarzan (clidinium) which include:
clidinium ↔ Alcohol (Ethanol)
Moderate Drug Interaction
Ask your doctor before using clidinium together with ethanol. Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while you are taking clidinium. You should be warned not to exceed recommended dosages and to avoid activities requiring mental alertness. If your doctor prescribes these medications together, you may need a dose adjustment to safely take this combination. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Minor Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility
anticholinergics - hypertension
Cardiovascular effects of anticholinergics may exacerbate hypertension. Therapy with anticholinergic agents should be administered cautiously in patients with hypertension.
- "Product Information. Marezine (cyclizine)." Glaxo Wellcome, Research Triangle Park, NC.
- "Product Information. Benadryl (diphenhydramine)." Parke-Davis, Morris Plains, NJ.
- "Product Information. Cogentin (benztropine)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
- "Product Information. Artane (trihexyphenidyl)." Lederle Laboratories, Wayne, NJ.
- "Product Information. Atropine Sulfate Injection, USP (atropine)." ESI Lederle Generics, Philadelphia, PA.
- Valentin N, Staffeldt H, Kyst A "Effect of i.v. atropine on cardiac rhythm, heart rate, blood pressure and airway secretion during isoflurane anaesthesia." Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 28 (1984): 621-4
- "Product Information. Antivert (meclizine)." Roerig Division, New York, NY.
Quarzan (clidinium) drug Interactions
There are 613 drug interactions with Quarzan (clidinium)
Quarzan (clidinium) disease Interactions
There are 10 disease interactions with Quarzan (clidinium) which include:
- Autonomic Neuropathy
- Gi Obstruction
- Obstructive Uropathy
- Tardive Dyskinesia
- Infectious Diarrhea
More about Quarzan (clidinium)
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.