Anaplex (chlorpheniramine / pseudoephedrine) and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food/lifestyle interaction with Anaplex (chlorpheniramine / pseudoephedrine):
chlorpheniramine ↔ food
Moderate Food Interaction
Consumer information for this interaction is not currently available.
GENERALLY AVOID: Alcohol may potentiate some of the pharmacologic effects of CNS-active agents. Use in combination may result in additive central nervous system depression and/or impairment of judgment, thinking, and psychomotor skills.
MANAGEMENT: Patients receiving CNS-active agents should be warned of this interaction and advised to avoid or limit consumption of alcohol. Ambulatory patients should be counseled to avoid hazardous activities requiring complete mental alertness and motor coordination until they know how these agents affect them, and to notify their physician if they experience excessive or prolonged CNS effects that interfere with their normal activities.
- Gilman AG, Rall TW, Nies AS, Taylor P, eds. "Goodman and Gilman's the Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics. 8th ed." New York, NY: Pergamon Press Inc. (1990):
- Warrington SJ, Ankier SI, Turner P "Evaluation of possible interactions between ethanol and trazodone or amitriptyline." Neuropsychobiology 15 (1986): 31-7
- "Product Information. Rexulti (brexpiprazole)." Otsuka American Pharmaceuticals Inc, Rockville, MD.
- "Product Information. Fycompa (perampanel)." Eisai Inc, Teaneck, NJ.
Anaplex (chlorpheniramine / pseudoephedrine) drug interactions
There are 913 drug interactions with Anaplex (chlorpheniramine / pseudoephedrine)
Anaplex (chlorpheniramine / pseudoephedrine) disease interactions
There are 10 disease interactions with Anaplex (chlorpheniramine / pseudoephedrine) which include:
- anticholinergic effects
- cardiovascular disease
- renal/liver disease
- GI narrowing
More about Anaplex (chlorpheniramine / pseudoephedrine)
- Anaplex Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|No interaction information available.|