Tazidime (ceftazidime) and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food/lifestyle interaction with Tazidime (ceftazidime):
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Moderate Potential Hazard, High plausibility
ceftazidime - sodium
Fortaz, Tazicef, and Tazidime (brands of parenteral ceftazidime pentahydrate) are formulated with sodium carbonate and contain approximately 53 mg (2.3 mEq) of sodium per each gram of ceftazidime activity. The sodium content should be considered in patients with conditions that may require sodium restriction, such as congestive heart failure, hypertension, and fluid retention. Ceptaz, another brand of ceftazidime, is formulated with l-arginine and contains no sodium.
- "Product Information. Fortaz (ceftazidime)." Glaxo Wellcome, Research Triangle Park, NC.
- "Product Information. Tazidime (ceftazidime)" Lilly, Eli and Company, Indianapolis, IN.
- "Product Information. Ceptaz (ceftazidime)" Glaxo Wellcome, Research Triangle Pk, NC.
- "Product Information. Tazicef (ceftazidime)." SmithKline Beecham, Philadelphia, PA.
Tazidime (ceftazidime) drug Interactions
There are 47 drug interactions with Tazidime (ceftazidime)
Tazidime (ceftazidime) disease Interactions
There are 6 disease interactions with Tazidime (ceftazidime) which include:
More about Tazidime (ceftazidime)
- Tazidime Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: third generation cephalosporins
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.