Tazicef (ceftazidime) and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food/lifestyle interaction with Tazicef (ceftazidime):
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Moderate Potential Hazard, High plausibility
ceftazidime - sodium
Fortaz, Tazicef, and Tazidime (brands of parenteral ceftazidime pentahydrate) are formulated with sodium carbonate and contain approximately 53 mg (2.3 mEq) of sodium per each gram of ceftazidime activity. The sodium content should be considered in patients with conditions that may require sodium restriction, such as congestive heart failure, hypertension, and fluid retention. Ceptaz, another brand of ceftazidime, is formulated with l-arginine and contains no sodium.
- "Product Information. Fortaz (ceftazidime)." Glaxo Wellcome, Research Triangle Park, NC.
- "Product Information. Tazidime (ceftazidime)" Lilly, Eli and Company, Indianapolis, IN.
- "Product Information. Ceptaz (ceftazidime)" Glaxo Wellcome, Research Triangle Pk, NC.
- "Product Information. Tazicef (ceftazidime)." SmithKline Beecham, Philadelphia, PA.
Tazicef (ceftazidime) drug Interactions
There are 47 drug interactions with Tazicef (ceftazidime)
Tazicef (ceftazidime) disease Interactions
There are 6 disease interactions with Tazicef (ceftazidime) which include:
More about Tazicef (ceftazidime)
- Tazicef Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: third generation cephalosporins
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.