Lodrane LD (brompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food/lifestyle interaction with Lodrane LD (brompheniramine / pseudoephedrine):
brompheniramine ↔ food
Moderate Food Interaction
Consumer information for this interaction is not currently available.
GENERALLY AVOID: Alcohol may potentiate some of the pharmacologic effects of CNS-active agents. Use in combination may result in additive central nervous system depression and/or impairment of judgment, thinking, and psychomotor skills.
MANAGEMENT: Patients receiving CNS-active agents should be warned of this interaction and advised to avoid or limit consumption of alcohol. Ambulatory patients should be counseled to avoid hazardous activities requiring complete mental alertness and motor coordination until they know how these agents affect them, and to notify their physician if they experience excessive or prolonged CNS effects that interfere with their normal activities.
- Warrington SJ, Ankier SI, Turner P "Evaluation of possible interactions between ethanol and trazodone or amitriptyline." Neuropsychobiology 15 (1986): 31-7
- "Product Information. Fycompa (perampanel)." Eisai Inc, Teaneck, NJ.
- "Product Information. Rexulti (brexpiprazole)." Otsuka American Pharmaceuticals Inc, Rockville, MD.
- Gilman AG, Rall TW, Nies AS, Taylor P, eds. "Goodman and Gilman's the Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics. 8th ed." New York, NY: Pergamon Press Inc. (1990):
Lodrane LD (brompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) drug interactions
There are 898 drug interactions with Lodrane LD (brompheniramine / pseudoephedrine)
Lodrane LD (brompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) disease interactions
There are 10 disease interactions with Lodrane LD (brompheniramine / pseudoephedrine) which include:
- cardiovascular disease
- anticholinergic effects
- renal/liver disease
- GI narrowing
More about Lodrane LD (brompheniramine / pseudoephedrine)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|No interaction information available.|