Atropine-Care (atropine ophthalmic) and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food/lifestyle interaction with Atropine-Care (atropine ophthalmic):
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Minor Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility
anticholinergics - hypertension
Cardiovascular effects of anticholinergics may exacerbate hypertension. Therapy with anticholinergic agents should be administered cautiously in patients with hypertension.
- "Product Information. Marezine (cyclizine)." Glaxo Wellcome, Research Triangle Park, NC.
- "Product Information. Benadryl (diphenhydramine)." Parke-Davis, Morris Plains, NJ.
- "Product Information. Cogentin (benztropine)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
- "Product Information. Atropine Sulfate Injection, USP (atropine)." ESI Lederle Generics, Philadelphia, PA.
- Valentin N, Staffeldt H, Kyst A "Effect of i.v. atropine on cardiac rhythm, heart rate, blood pressure and airway secretion during isoflurane anaesthesia." Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 28 (1984): 621-4
- "Product Information. Artane (trihexyphenidyl)." Lederle Laboratories, Wayne, NJ.
- "Product Information. Antivert (meclizine)." Roerig Division, New York, NY.
Atropine-Care (atropine ophthalmic) drug interactions
There are 144 drug interactions with Atropine-Care (atropine ophthalmic)
Atropine-Care (atropine ophthalmic) disease interactions
There are 2 disease interactions with Atropine-Care (atropine ophthalmic) which include:
More about Atropine-Care (atropine ophthalmic)
- Atropine-Care Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: mydriatics
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.