FDA Consumer Updates
For more about food, medicine and cosmetic safety and other topics for your health, visit FDA.gov/consumers/.
Topics on this Page
Latest FDA Articles
Featured FDA Articles
- Medical Devices that Treat Obesity: What to Know
- What Is Gene Therapy? How Does It Work?
- Want to Quit Smoking? FDA-Approved Products Can Help
- Beware of Illegally Sold Diabetes Treatments
- Making Decisions for Your Health: Getting the Info You Need
- Where and How to Dispose of Unused Medicines
- Biosimilars: More Treatment Choices and Innovation
- Ticks and Lyme Disease: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
- Grapefruit Juice and Medicine May Not Mix
- Seasonal Allergies: Which Medication is Right for You?
- Faster, Easier Cures for Hepatitis C
- The Facts on Bipolar Disorder and FDA-Approved Treatments
- Codeine and Tramadol Can Cause Breathing Problems for Children
- Autism: Beware of Potentially Dangerous Therapies and Products
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome Treatments Aren't One-Size-Fits-All
- FDA-Approved Devices That Keep the Heart Beating
- Is It Really FDA Approved?
- FDA Encourages More Participation, Diversity in Clinical Trials
- Secondhand (and Third-Hand) Smoke May Be Making Your Pet Sick
- What to Ask Your Doctor Before Taking Opioids
- What Women Should Know About Essure Permanent Birth Control
- How to Treat Impetigo and Control This Common Skin Infection
- Your Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA
- Mammography: What You Need to Know
- Dealing with ADHD: What You Need to Know
- FDA: Cutting-Edge Technology Sheds Light on Antibiotic Resistance
- FDA Facilitates Research on Earlier Stages of Alzheimer's Disease
- Antibacterial Soap? You Can Skip It -- Use Plain Soap and Water