griseofulvin FDA Alerts
The FDA Alert(s) below may be specifically about griseofulvin or relate to a group or class of drugs which include griseofulvin.
MedWatch Safety Alerts are distributed by the FDA and published by Drugs.com. Following is a list of possible medication recalls, market withdrawals, alerts and warnings. For the latest FDA MedWatch alerts, go here.
Recent FDA Alert(s) for griseofulvin
Gris-PEG (griseofulvin ultramicrosize): Health Advisory - Risk of Product Mix-Up
Feb 3, 2012
ISSUE: Pedinol Pharmacal Inc. notified healthcare professionals, pharmacists and patients of a potential problem with Gris-PEG (griseofulvin ultramicrosize) 125mg and 250mg manufactured and packaged by Novartis Consumer Health at its Lincoln, Nebraska manufacturing site. Due to problems that occurred when these products were packaged and labeled at the site, tablets from one product type may have carried over into packaging of another product. This could result in a stray pill of one medicine ending up in the bottle of another product.
BACKGROUND: Gris-PEG (griseofulvin ultramicrosize) is indicated for the treatment of ringworm infections.
RECOMMENDATION: Healthcare professionals, pharmacists and patients are advised to examine Gris-PEG tablets in their possession and ensure that all tablets are the same.
Related Medwatch Alert:
[01/09/2012] Novartis Consumer Health Over-The-Counter Products Recall
More griseofulvin Resources
- Griseofulvin Consumer Information
- Griseofulvin Advanced Consumer Information
- Griseofulvin AHFS DI Monograph
- Griseofulvin Microsize Tablets Consumer Information
- Griseofulvin Ultramicrosize Tablets Consumer Information
- Griseofulvin Microsize Oral Suspension Consumer Information
- Griseofulvin Prescribing Information
- Griseofulvin Tablets Prescribing Information
- Griseofulvin Ultramicrosize Tablets Prescribing Information
- Griseofulvin A-Z Drug Facts