Petrolatum/Mineral Oil Based Ophthalmic Lubricant Ointment
Last Updated: January 14, 2011
Products Affected - Description
Tears Renewed Ointment, Akorn
Reason for the Shortage
- Akorn cannot provide a reason for the shortage.
- The ointments vary in whether they contain lanolin or preservatives.
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Rugby, a subsidiary of Watson, has available Artificial Tears Ointment in a 3.5 gram tube (NDC 00536-6550-91).
- Akorn has both of their products temporarily unavailable.
- OcuSoft has available Tears Again Ointment in a 3.5 gram tube (NDC 54799-0906-35).
- Alcon has available Systane Nighttime ointment (NDC 00650-0509-35) in 3.5 gram tubes.
- Allergan has available Refresh PM ointment (NDC 00023-0667-04) and Refresh PM LacriLube (NDC 00023-0312-04) in 3.5 gram tubes, and Refresh PM LacriLube in a 7 gram tube (NDC 00023-0312-07).
- Bausch & Lomb has available Soothe Night Time Lubricant ointment (NDC 10119-0020-13) in 3.5 gram tubes. This product was formerly named Advanced Eye Relief Night Time Lubricant.
- Major has LubriFresh PM ointment (NDC 00904-5168-38) available in 3.5 gram tubes.
- Novartis has available GenTeal PM ointment (NDC 00078-0473-97) in 3.5 gram tubes.
January 14, 2011; November 4, 2010; September 30, 2010; August 12, 2010; June 29, 2010; April 20, 2010, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2011, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.