Naproxen Oral Suspension
Last Updated: February 18, 2015
Products Affected - Description
Naprosyn 25 mg/mL oral suspension, Genentech
480 mL bottles (NDC 00004-0028-28)
Reason for the Shortage
- Roxane discontinued their naproxen oral suspension in June 2013.
- Genentech could not provide a reason for the shortage.
- Palmetto acquired naproxen 25 mg/mL oral suspension in June 2013.
Naproxen 25 mg/mL oral suspension - Palmetto
500 mL bottles (NDC 68134-0363-01)
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Palmetto has naproxen 25 mg/mL oral suspension readily available and has been supplying the market for several months.
- Genentech has Naprosyn oral suspension on long term back order, and the company cannot estimate a release date.
February 18, 2015; November 26, September 5, June 11, May 7, March 6, 2014; December 19, September 12 and 25, 2013, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2015, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.