Last Updated: June 8, 2015
Products Affected - Description
Reason for the Shortage
- Hospira had metronidazole injection on back order due to manufacturing delays.
- BBraun was allocating metronidazole injection due to increased demand for the product.
Metronidazole injection, Baxter
500 mg/100 mL, 24 count (NDC 00338-1055-48)
500 mg/100 mL, 24 count (NDC 00264-5535-32)
500 mg/100 mL, 24 count (NDC 36000-0001-24)
Estimated Resupply Dates
All presentations are currently available.
Hospira’s metronidazole quad pack bags (NDC 00409-7811-37) are packaged in an overwrap. Use these metronidazole quad pack bags within 7 days after the overwrap is removed and continue to protect the bags from light.
- Mafenide Acetate Powder for Topical Solution — Resolved
- Nystatin Oral Suspension — Resolved
- Nystatin Vaginal Tablets — No Longer Available
June 8, May 8, February 27, January 29, 2015; November 5, October 3, September 5, August 1, June 3, 5, and 24, May 1, 9, and 12, 2014, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2015, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.