Last Updated: May 23, 2012
Products Affected - Description
Refludan injection, Bayer HealthCare
50 mg vials, 10 count (NDC 50419-0150-57) - discontinued
Reason for the Shortage
- Bayer HealthCare will discontinue Refludan injection on May 31, 2012. This was a business decision and not due to safety concerns.
- There are no other manufacturers of lepirudin injection.
No presentations are readily available.
Estimated Resupply Dates
Bayer HealthCare will stop shipping Refludan in late-May, 2012. The company expects supply from wholesalers to be depleted by mid-2013.
- Alteplase Recombinant — Resolved
- Argatroban Injection — Resolved
- Reteplase Injection — No Commercially Available Preparations
- Warfarin Sodium Tablets — Resolved
May 23, 2012, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2012, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.