Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate Tablets
Last Updated: September 14, 2015
Products Affected - Description
Hydroxychloroquine sulfate tablets, Ranbaxy
200 mg, 100 count (NDC 63304-0296-01)
200 mg, 500 count (NDC 63304-0296-05)
Reason for the Shortage
- Concordia acquired Plaquenil tablets from Covis in April 2015.
- Ranbaxy has hydroxychloroquine on shortage due to a regulatory issue.
- Sandoz states the hydroxychloroquine shortage was due to increased demand.
- Zydus could not provide a reason for hydroxychloroquine shortage.
- West-Ward discontinued hydroxychloroquine tablets in September 2014.
Hydroxychloroquine sulfate tablet, Mylan
200 mg, 100 count (NDC 00378-0373-01)
200 mg, 100 count (NDC 00781-1407-97)
200 mg, 100 count (NDC 68382-0096-01)
200 mg, 100 count (NDC 24987-0562-10)
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Ranbaxy has product on long-term back order and the company cannot estimate a release date.
- All other suppliers have product available.
- Acetylcholine Chloride Powder for Intraocular Solution — Current
- Becaplermin Gel — Resolved
- Boceprevir Capsules — No Longer Available
- Cardioplegic Solution for Cardiac Perfusion — Current
- Castor Oil, Balsam Peru, and Trypsin Topical Products — No Longer Available
- Chloroquine Tablets — Current
- Dexpanthenol Injection — Current
- Diatrizoate Meglumine 66% and Diatrizoate Sodium 10% — Resolved
- Erythromycin Ethylsuccinate and Sulfisoxazole Oral Suspension — No Longer Available
- Ezetimibe and Atorvastatin Tablets — No Longer Available
- Fluticasone/Salmeterol Inhalation Aerosol (Advair HFA) — Resolved
- Gabapentin Enacarbil Extended Release Tablets — Resolved
- Gadoteridol Injection — Current
- Iopamidol Injection — Resolved
- Levothyroxine (Levothroid) Oral Tablets — No Longer Available
- Otic Unapproved Prescription Preparations Containing Benzocaine or Chloroxylenol — No Longer Available
- Prenatal Multivitamins with Minerals — No Longer Available
- Rifampin and Isoniazid Capsules — Resolved
- Trypan Blue 0.15% Ophthalmic Solution — Resolved
- Warfarin for Injection — No Longer Available
September 14, July 22, May 6 and 18, May 6, April 6, March 18 and 23, March 18, January 14, 2015; December 5, October 10, September 5 and 18, 2014, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2015, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.