Flunisolide Oral Inhaler
Last Updated: December 15, 2010
Products Affected - Description
Aerobid (flunisolide) inhaler, Forest
Reason for the Shortage
Forest discontinued both inhalers in November, 2010 due to supply disruption issues and FDAs mandated phase-out of inhalers that contain chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs).
Estimated Resupply Dates
Forest has discontinued Aerobid and Aerobid-M inhalers.
- Betamethasone Acetate and Sodium Phosphate Injection — Resolved
- Fluticasone Nasal Spray — Resolved
- Hydrocortisone Sodium Succinate Injection — Resolved
- Methylprednisolone Acetate Injection — Current
- Prednisone Tablets — Resolved
December 15, 2010; October 29, 2010; October 6, 2010, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2010, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.