Erythromycin Ethylsuccinate and Sulfisoxazole Oral Suspension
Last Updated: July 17, 2014
Products Affected - Description
E.S.P oral suspension, 200 mg/5 mL erythromycin ethylsuccinate / 600 mg/5 mL sulfisoxazole, Teva
100 mL bottle (NDC 51285-0445-22) - discontinued
150 mL bottle (NDC 51285-0445-21) - discontinued
200 mL bottle (NDC 51285-0445-23) - discontinued
Reason for the Shortage
- Teva has discontinued all E.S.P. suspension. The 150 mL bottles were discontinued in June 2014, the 100 mL bottles were discontinued in January 2014, and the 200 mL bottles were discontinued in September 2013.
- Teva discontinued all generic erythromycin ethylsuccinate and sulfisoxazole suspension in July 2012.
- There are no other manufacturers of the combination erythromycin ethylsuccinate and sulfisoxazole suspension.
There are no presentations available.
Estimated Resupply Dates
All combination erythromycin ethylsuccinate and sulfisoxazole suspensions were discontinued.
- Acetylcholine Chloride Powder for Intraocular Solution — Current
- Becaplermin Gel — Resolved
- Boceprevir Capsules — No Longer Available
- Cardioplegic Solution for Cardiac Perfusion — Current
- Castor Oil, Balsam Peru, and Trypsin Topical Products — No Longer Available
- Chloroquine Tablets — Current
- Dexpanthenol Injection — Current
- Diatrizoate Meglumine 66% and Diatrizoate Sodium 10% — Resolved
- Ezetimibe and Atorvastatin Tablets — No Longer Available
- Fluticasone/Salmeterol Inhalation Aerosol (Advair HFA) — Resolved
- Gabapentin Enacarbil Extended Release Tablets — Resolved
- Gadoteridol Injection — Current
- Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate Tablets — Resolved
- Iopamidol Injection — Resolved
- Levothyroxine (Levothroid) Oral Tablets — No Longer Available
- Otic Unapproved Prescription Preparations Containing Benzocaine or Chloroxylenol — No Longer Available
- Prenatal Multivitamins with Minerals — No Longer Available
- Rifampin and Isoniazid Capsules — Resolved
- Trypan Blue 0.15% Ophthalmic Solution — Resolved
- Warfarin for Injection — No Longer Available
July 17, 2014, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2014, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.