Last Updated: June 17, 2016
Products Affected - Description
Chloroquine tablets, Ranbaxy
250 mg, 50 count (NDC 63304-0460-50)
500 mg, 25 count (NDC 00143-2125-22)
Reason for the Shortage
- Global Pharmaceuticals discontinued chloroquine tablets in 2014.
- Rising has chloroquine tablets available.
- Ranbaxy has chloroquine tablets on shortage due to third party supply issues.
- West-Ward has chloroquine tablets on shortage due to manufacturing delays.
Chloroquine tablet, Rising Pharmaceuticals
250 mg, 50 count (NDC 64980-0177-50)
500 mg, 25 count (NDC 64980-0178-02)
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Ranbaxy has chloroquine tablets on long-term back order and the company cannot estimate a release date.
- West-Ward has chloroquine tablets on back order and the company cannot estimate a release date.
- Acetylcholine Chloride Powder for Intraocular Solution — Resolved
- Becaplermin Gel — Resolved
- Boceprevir Capsules — No Longer Available
- Cardioplegic Solution for Cardiac Perfusion — Current
- Castor Oil, Balsam Peru, and Trypsin Topical Products — No Longer Available
- Dexpanthenol Injection — No Commercially Available Preparations
- Diatrizoate Meglumine 66% and Diatrizoate Sodium 10% — Resolved
- Erythromycin Ethylsuccinate and Sulfisoxazole Oral Suspension — No Longer Available
- Ezetimibe and Atorvastatin Tablets — No Longer Available
- Fluticasone/Salmeterol Inhalation Aerosol (Advair HFA) — Resolved
- Gabapentin Enacarbil Extended Release Tablets — Resolved
- Gadoteridol Injection — Current
- Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate Tablets — Resolved
- Iopamidol Injection — Resolved
- Levothyroxine (Levothroid) Oral Tablets — No Longer Available
- Otic Unapproved Prescription Preparations Containing Benzocaine or Chloroxylenol — No Longer Available
- Prenatal Multivitamins with Minerals — No Longer Available
- Rifampin and Isoniazid Capsules — Resolved
- Trypan Blue 0.15% Ophthalmic Solution — Resolved
- Warfarin for Injection — No Longer Available
June 17, 2016; March 10, November 30, October 15, September 17, August 24, July 22, June 29, May 27, April 21, 2015, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2016, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.